Play the Game 2011 conference themes announced
Play the Game 2011 will operate under the subtitle “Bringing change to the heart of sport”. The conference will, as always, act as a forum for discussion of the ‘homeless’ questions in sports and attempt to influence the international sports agenda.
For Play the Game 2011, six main themes have been chosen, which reflect some of the major issues in sports today. The themes are:
- Outside Threats, Inside Traps: Countering Corruption in Sport
- Chasing the White Elephants: Mega-events for the Public Good
- Fair Play, Fair Pay? Creating Growth in Grass-root Sport
- Crime and Credibility: Advancing Anti-Doping Strategies
- Little Difference, Huge Impact: The Gender Challenge to Sport
- The Power of the Chip: How Technology Changes the Landscape of Sport
The detailed descriptions of each theme can be found on our conference website under conference themes.With these themes, we hope to present a rewarding conference that provides all our participants with food for thought, new knowledge and a great chance to discuss new directions for sport with likeminded individuals across professional boundaries. A call for papers will be issued in the beginning of 2011 and will be announced on www.playthegame.org and in a special newsletter.