New magazine on Play the Game 2011
Missed the Play the Game 2011 conference in Cologne or want to relive the some of the many highlights? The newly published 36-page fully illustrated magazine on the Play the Game 2011 conference covers a large selection of the discussions that took place at the German Sport University Cologne with more than 300 participants gathered.
With the subheading ‘Bringing change to the heart of sport’, Play the Game 2011 was the seventh world communication conference on sport and society being a unique forum for dialogue on sport and its many challenges.
Among other topics in the magazine, read about:
- The huge challenge from corruption in sport and how to address the problem, including the conference statement on better governance in sports, ‘The Cologne Consensus’
- A new international study that scrutinises mega-event stadiums and how Brazil is set to repeat mistakes of previous mega-events
- The face-to-face confrontation between investigative journalist Andrew Jennings and the new FIFA director of communications
- How sports participation is coming on the European agenda
- The destructive force of hooliganism in Argentina and Germany and the more positive influence from football supporters in the Arab Spring
- The uphill battles of the doping fighters and Mario Goijman’s lonely crusade against corruption
- The narrow focus of sports results in newspapers, documented in Play the Game’s International Sports Press Survey.
The conference magazine can be downloaded as a PDF file here.
You can also read it on the screen by clicking here.
Download and read the magazine on your tablet or smart phone here.
Or read the full magazine on your screen when you visit our facebook page.
Read more about the conference on our conference website.
Play the Game/Idan would like to thank the National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark (DIF), Team Danmark and Danish Gymnastics and Sports Associations (DGI) for their financial support in publishing this magazine.