Share your story at Play the Game 2015
With the waves in international sports politics running high, previously unseen methods of match-fixing, corruption and doping offenses unfold. Play the Game calls upon you and other expert stakeholders in sport to join its ninth conference on how to identify the challenges and remedy them.
Experts and eyewitnesses will discuss current issues on the global sports political agenda at the upcoming world communication conference on sport and society, Play the Game 2015. You can join the debate by participating and networking at the conference or you can get your own story or research on the conference agenda by submitting an abstract or a storyline.
Whether you are an academic, journalist, sports official or other kind of stakeholder in sport, Play the Game 2015 invites you to contribute with knowledge, experience and opinions. Your engagement is essential when looking for the solutions to the challenges linked to sport and physical activity:
- Journalists have a special responsibility as they are often a part of the sporting environment, and they exercise strong influence on which issues appear on the political agenda.
- Sports officials face the double-edged duty of providing economic growth and increased participation, while at the same time ensuring more ethical governance, strict anti-doping measures and social sustainability.
The following themes have been chosen to form the basis of the discussions at this year’s conference:
- The revolt against global events: A perfect storm for sport?
- Governments vs. fixers: Will the rule of law beat the law of the jungle?
- Good governance in sport: Setting standards, raising bars
- A new World Code against doping: Anybody willing to comply?
- The deadly disease of inactivity: Is the world ready for a cure?
- Transfers and trafficking: The human cost of broken dreams
- College sport in the USA: Unprotected amateurs in a billion-dollar business
- Open forum
The deadline for submitting an abstract or a storyline is 13 May 2015
Play the Game 2015 Global sport: reform or revolution?
Aarhus, Denmark, Denmark | 25 - 29 October 2015 | www.playthegame.org/2015
Play the Game 2015 will bring together leading journalists, authors, academics, officials and other stakeholders to discuss pressing issues for the world of sport. To learn more about the conference visit the homepage at www.playthegame.org/2015 or sign up for Play the Game’s free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest news on the conference.